TOFWERK is making the world a cleaner place through innovative solutions for chemical analysis.
Our scientists and engineers design, manufacture, and optimize high performance mass spectrometers for new applications to support researchers and industrial customers around the world.
We are headquartered in Thun, Switzerland, with regional offices in China and the United States. Our diverse team members cultivate a collaborative and creative work environment. Together we deliver the highest quality products and service to ensure our customers’ success.
TOFWERK China is seeking a highly motivated analytical scientist to demonstrate and educate new applications of our chemical ionization (CI) time-of-flight mass spectrometers (TOFMS). The scientist will work within our Applications Department primarily in support of our Vocus product team.
- Demonstrate the capabilities of TOFWERK technology to prospective customers (also at the customer’s site)
- Lead onsite instrument deliveries, including training and acceptance testing with support from service technicians
- Provide advanced remote and onsite instrument debugging and service
- Initiate proactive communication with customers to assess status and needs
- Work with other members of the Applications Department and product teams to ensure that all analyses at TOFWERK utilize the best available methods and technology
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry or related field
- 2+ years of experience using mass spectrometry for applied research or sample analysis (this may include experience gained during a degree program)
- Ability to work independently in the laboratory, including: experiment design, operation of scientific equipment, troubleshooting, and data interpretation
- Interest in interacting with customers and prospective customers
- Confident and effective communicator
- Willingness to travel up to 35% per year for customer site visits
- Fluency in Chinese and English
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Use of any of the following: PTR-MS, chemical ionization MS, TOFMS, real-time trace gas analyzers
- Expertise in the field of atmospheric research or related
- Expertise with other Ambient pressure ionization (API) techniques
- Experience running advanced scientific equipment
We look forward to receiving your application at email@example.com