TOFWERK is making the world a cleaner place through innovative solutions for chemical analysis.
Our scientists and engineers design, manufacture, and optimize high performance mass spectrometers for new applications to support researchers and industrial customers around the world.
We are headquartered in Thun, Switzerland, with regional offices in China and the United States. Our diverse team members cultivate a collaborative and creative work environment. Together we deliver the highest quality products and service to ensure our customers’ success.
TOFWERK is seeking a highly motivated analytical scientist to develop and demonstrate new applications of our chemical ionization (CI) time-of-flight mass spectrometers (TOFMS). The scientist will work within our Applications Department primarily in support of our Chemical Ionization (CI) Vocus product team.
Tasks will include:
- Demonstrate the capabilities of TOFWERK technology to prospective customers (also at the customer’s site)
- Present data and represent TOFWERK internally, in conference presentations or other scientific meetings, research reports, application notes, and peer-reviewed publications.
- Develop methods and analyses to support growth in key markets
- Act as a beta tester for software releases on demo instruments
- Act as a beta tester for new instrumentation releases
- Support the Marketing Department in the production of promotional material
- Provide 3rd-level (expert) support and scientific guidance to customers
- Work with other members of the Chemical Ionization team to improve instruments and technology
- Work with other members of the application department to ensure that all analyses at TOFWERK utilize the best available methods and technology
Location: TOFWERK Headquarters, Thun, Switzerland
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry or related field
- 4+ years of experience using mass spectrometry for applied research or sample analysis (this may include experience gained during a degree program)
- Ability to work independently in the laboratory, including: experiment design, sample preparation, operation of scientific equipment, troubleshooting, and data interpretation
- Interest in interacting with customers and prospective customers
- Confident and effective communicator
- Willingness to travel up to 30% per year for scientific conferences and customer site visits at European and international locations
- Fluency in English
Desirable Experience and Expertise
- Use of any of the following: PTR-MS, chemical ionization MS, TOFMS, real-time trace gas analyzers
- Experience running prototype scientific equipment
- Expertise in any of the following fields: semiconductor industry, ambient air monitoring
We look forward to receiving your application at email@example.com