- Real-time measurements at pptv limits of detection
- Simultaneous measurements of Acids (Corrosives), Bases, Condensables, and Volatile Organics
- Compact design with flexible inlet configuration for FOUP QC, mobile analysis, and facility monitoring
- Instantaneous reporting
- Automated fast switching between reagent ions and ultra-fast polarity switching for expanded analysis
- Autonomous software capable of auto-calibration, zero air measurement, and data reporting
Comprehensive, Real-Time AMC Monitoring for Contamination-Free Manufacturing
The presence of airborne molecular contaminants in semiconductor fabrication plants (fabs) is a significant contributor to wafer yield loss. The continuous processing and transport of wafers (via front opening unification pods or FOUPs) in high-throughput fab facilities demands prompt feedback so that measures can be taken to minimize losses due to molecular contamination.
Contaminants originate from a wide variety of sources, including process chemicals, refrigerants, cleaning solvents, construction materials, and personnel. With the advancement of control measures in fab facilities, the need for highly sensitive technologies that can simultaneously monitor acids and bases – compounds which are often sticky and prone to reaction – has grown, in addition to traditional condensables and volatiles like acetone, MEK, PGME, PGMEA, CNF, COF, etc. To effectively measure these compounds, real-time, full-spectrum analysis with sub-ppt limits of detection is required.
TOFWERK Semicon AMC Solutions provide robust monitoring and comprehensive AMC coverage in semiconductor facilities. Unprecedented mobility enables proximity measurements of acids (corrosives), bases, condensables, and VOCs. Customizable sampling configurations allow for easy integration into FOUP QC and facility monitoring systems. The flexibility and performance of Semicon AMC Solutions enable fab facilities to reach and maintain a contamination-free fab.
Semicon AMC Solutions for Simultaneous, Real-Time AMC Monitoring for Acids (Corrosives), Bases, and Condensables
Semicoon AMC Monitors provide sensitive and simultaneous measurements for each molecular category – acids (Corrosives), bases, condensables and VOCs – instantaneously, in real time, without any sample preparation or handling.
- Ultra-fast measurements (milliseconds)
- Dynamic process monitoring or high-throughput screening
- Simultaneous detection of critical AMC classes
- pptV limits of detection
- Robust and reliable detection
Detecting Micro Contamination in FOUPs: Using proprietary Fast Polarity Switching (FPS), each AMC class is simultaneously measured and reported.
Semicon AMC Solutions for Robust VOC Monitoring
Sensitive, mobile measurements for a large variety of VOCs.
- Ideal for dynamic processes or high-throughput screening
- Highly sensitive quantification
- pptV limits of detection
- Accurate and reliable identification
- Mobile analysis or multi-port facility monitoring without sample preparation
Observing Potential fab Contamination Hazards
Semicon AMC monitors sample ambient air in fabs to monitor AMC presence. Typical monitoring is accomplished with PTR mass spectrometry, however, for other critical VOCs, reagent ion switching can be used to expand compound coverage. The example below demonstrates reagent ion switching at minute intervals.
Reagent ions cycled in second intervals. Gray represents NH4⁺ and yellow represents O2⁺.
Contact our team for product information, demo requests, and quotes.
We look forward to hearing from you.