- Fast and sensitive measurements
- Ultra-low limits of detection in seconds
- High mass resolving power for accurate VOC identification
- Robust and mobile
- In-situ measurement of live plants with no sample preparation
Cannabis Analysis for Plant Health and Consistent Flavor
Cannabis and hemp are rich sources of terpenes and other volatile organic compounds (VOCs). These chemical compounds are emitted by live plants, and are an important indicator of plant health, growth stage, and production consistency. In the finished product, these naturally occurring (biogenic) VOCs contribute to the unique flavor and aroma profile of different cannabis strains and products. Unwanted VOCs may also make their way into the final product, including residual solvents from extraction processes, and metabolites emitted by microbes and fungi.
Fast, sensitive detection of a wide range of VOCs provides a detailed, scientifically robust method of characterizing and monitoring plant growth and cannabis product quality. Time-of-flight mass spectrometry (TOF) is a highly suitable analytical method that allows simultaneous monitoring of large numbers of VOCs.
Direct Headspace Analysis Using the Vocus PTR-TOF
- Highest sensitivity available with ppt limits of detection
- High mass resolving power enables identification of individual compounds within complex mixtures
- Real-time and fast data output capturing rapid changes in VOC concentrations and suitable for production-line monitoring
- Full spectrum acquisition allows measurements of wide range of compounds simultaneously