Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Real-time, continuous, autonomous measurement
- Ultra-low limits of detection in seconds
- High mass resolving power for accurate identification
- Direct measurement with no sample preparation
Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) in the Workplace and Manufacturing Environment
Ambient air contains a wide range of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) at trace concentration levels, e.g. parts per billion and trillion (ppb and ppt). These VOCs in the indoor air quality environment can cause serious health effects or can affect manufacturing processes with sensitive systems. VOCs can be emitted by materials or industrial processes, and can permeate into indoor spaces from outdoor sources.
Real-time measurement of VOCs in indoor work or living environments and in closed manufacturing spaces can be useful to improve indoor air quality by quantifying human exposure to dangerous substances, ensuring manufacturing in a clean environment, or tracking dynamic changes in industrial processes. Accurate measurements of these speciated VOCs that may be undergoing rapid changes requires an instrument that is extremely sensitive, fast and robust. Because they are capable of resolving and simultaneously monitoring large numbers of VOCs at sub ppb levels with extremely high time resolution, our TOFs are frequently used for online air monitoring.
Fast, Real-Time Indoor Air Quality Analysis (IAQ) using the Vocus PTR-TOF
- Highest sensitivity available with sub-ppt limits of detection
- High mass resolving power enables identification of individual compounds within complex mixtures
- Real-time and fast data output capturing rapid changes in VOC concentrations
- Full spectrum acquisition allows measurements of wide range of compounds simultaneously