- Direct VOC measurement with no sample preparation
- Real-time, sensitive and autonomous measurement
- High-throughput headspace analysis of material emissions
- High mass resolving power for accurate compound identification
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) are released from many different materials and can negatively impact human health, indoor air quality and production quality. Materials that may emit VOCs include plastics, leather, packing materials, foam, electronics, paint, particle boards, adhesives, flooring and many others. Therefore, fast, routine testing of VOC emissions from these materials is needed for quality control of raw materials, semi-finished products and end-user products. The large variety of emitted toxic chemicals (including amines, amides, acids, ketones, aldehydes and aromatics) from these materials presents an analytical challenge and cannot be measured by any single conventional chromatographic method.
The Vocus CI-TOF coupled to the PAL headspace autosampler greatly enhances analysis throughput for automated detection of trace VOCs, especially in complex chemical emission profiles from products and materials. In contrast to conventional GC methods, the Vocus CI-TOF offers real-time measurements with no need for sample pre-concentration or chromatographic separation, which enables high throughput analysis requiring only a few seconds per sample.
For users interested in analysis with GC-MS methods, the EI-TOF for GC system with high mass resolving power and high mass accuracy enables full spectra of ion acquisition and allows separation of isobaric ions for confident identification. The high sensitivity of the EI-TOF mass spectrometer can reduce the need of large sampling volumes for VOCs and make sampling much easier and efficient.
High Throughput Analysis of VOCs from Material Emissions Using the Vocus CI-TOF
- Highest sensitivity available with sub-ppt limits of detection
- High mass resolving power enables identification of individual compounds within complex mixtures
- Real-time and fast data output capturing rapid changes in VOC concentrations
- Full spectrum acquisition allows measurements of wide range of compounds simultaneously
Standard Offline GC-MS Method Analysis using the EI-TOF Coupled with GC
- High mass resolving power allows separation of isobaric ions
- High mass accuracy enables confident identification and separates interferences in complex emission profiles
- Ultra-sensitive detection for sub-ppb trace VOCs
- Outstanding spectrum quality perfectly matches NIST library