Mobile Air Monitoring
- Real-time measurement of ambient air
- Ultra-low limits of detection in seconds
- High mass resolving power for accurate identification
- Field deployable and capable for mobile measurements
Ambient Air Mobile Monitoring
Ambient air contains a dynamic and diverse mixture of volatile organic compounds (VOCs). The concentration and composition of this VOC mixture, and its variation with location and time, provide vital insight to emission sources and chemistry. Vehicles equipped with fast, sensitive instrumentation let VOC science move out of the laboratory and into the real world.
Because of its small size, low power requirements, robust construction, and ability to directly measure ambient air multiple times a second, TOFWERK instrumentation is ideal for measurement from aircraft, cars, and other mobile platforms. Using a “mobile” laboratory equipped with a TOFWERK Vocus CI-TOF, researchers can achieve a detailed and comprehensive picture of the ambient environment by tracking emission sources, quantifying and characterizing their VOC signatures, and following pollutants as they are transported downwind.
Real-Time Mobile Monitoring of Ambient Air VOCs Using the Vocus CI-TOF
- Highest sensitivity available with sub-ppt limits of detection
- High mass resolving power enables identification of individual compounds within complex mixtures
- Real-time and fast data output capturing rapid changes in VOC concentrations and suitable for mobile monitoring
- Full spectrum acquisition allows measurements of wide range of compounds simultaneously