TOFWERK is a global leader in time-of-flight mass spectrometry, delivering sensitive instruments for laboratory, industrial, and field analyses. Our customers’ interests range from materials science and geochemistry to metabolomics and trace-gas measurements. As an established original equipment manufacturer (OEM), we are uniquely capable of customizing our TOF products to meet the needs of these diverse measurement environments and scientific fields.
TOFWERK is seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) to introduce our existing and forthcoming end-user products to new application markets. Our current end-user product line includes the Vocus PTR-TOF, icpTOF, EI-TOF for GC, and IMS-TOF.
As a member of our Marketing Team in Boulder, Colorado, USA, the BDM will identify industrial and research applications that will benefit from the unique advantages of these products. They will collaborate with other members of the Marketing Department and our Applications Department to demonstrate the value of specific products in these new markets, to develop and implement strategies to introduce our products to the relevant communities, and to establish TOFWERK’s long-term, successful participation in these communities. The BDM will lead select sales in the US and Europe. Additionally, the BDM will help educate TOFWERK’s global sales network to ensure that our representatives are updated on new applications and prepared to recognize opportunities in their regions.
Based on their knowledge of the market and interactions with potential customers, the BDM will provide guidance to our R&D and Software Teams on product updates or custom solutions that are critical for new applications.
- Advanced degree in science or engineering
- 3+ years of experience in scientific equipment business development, sales, marketing, or product management
- 3+ years of experience using scientific equipment for applied research or sample analysis, including analytical method development
- Demonstrated success bringing new products to market and increasing product sales
- Experience managing customer relationships
- Confident and effective technical communicator
- Ability to identify the specific analytical needs of scientists and to propose new solutions
- Interest in learning about new scientific disciplines and technology
- Willingness to travel up to 25% per year for scientific conferences, trade shows, company meetings, and customer visits
- Fluency in English
Desirable Experience and Expertise
- Use of any of the following: MS, ICP-MS, PTR-MS, GC-MS, IMS
- Business degree or related coursework
- Work with a creative international team
- An open culture that encourages independence and new ideas
- Flexible hours
- Comfortable, casual work space in beautiful Boulder, Colorado
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and 401k