TOFWERK is making the world a cleaner place through innovative solutions for chemical analysis.
Our scientists and engineers design, manufacture, and optimize high performance mass spectrometers for new applications to support researchers and industrial customers around the world.
We are headquartered in Thun, Switzerland, with regional offices in China and the United States. Our diverse team members cultivate a collaborative and creative work environment. Together we deliver the highest quality products and service to ensure our customers’ success.
As an expert in the use and maintenance of TOFWERK mass spectrometers, you will provide remote and onsite technical support to our customers in the Americas and beyond, manage instruments in our United States applications lab, and support TOFWERK scientists in experiments.
- Provide first-level support for TOFWERK products and services, responding to inquiries received via telephone or email about software and hardware troubleshooting and best practices.
- Troubleshoot by analyzing, identifying, and diagnosing faults and symptoms using established procedures
- Own customer requests and complaints, ensuring that they are solved or escalated appropriately in a timely manner (following desired processes)
- Maintain content on a support knowledge base and trigger the creation of missing articles. Assist in developing and improving support documentation, tools and processes.
- Act together with a team of technical support specialists to achieve best possible efficiency
- Travel to customer sites for instrument installations, demonstration measurements, or on-site support functions
- Prepare samples
- Assist with experiments, data QC, and reports
- Maintain instrumentation in the US demo lab
- Maintain the demo lab to be organized, clean, and compliant with EHS regulations
- Act as a beta tester for software releases on demo instruments
- Act as a beta tester for new instrumentation releases
- Bachelors or Masters degree in chemistry, biology, physics, engineering or other laboratory-based science.
- 2+ years of relevant technical experience running or supporting scientific apparatus. This may include work experience, internships, student research, etc.
- Experience in customer support (field or remote) focused on assisting others with technical problems. Strong background in teaching or tutoring a technical subject may substitute.
- Strong equipment troubleshooting skills, demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Able to operate within an interrupt-driven environment
- Availability to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally
- Able to work independently or with a team while requiring minimal supervision
- organizational skills
- English fluency
- Covid vaccination
Please mention these in cover letter, if relevant.
- Experience with mass spectrometers
- Experience as lab assistant / applications support
- Familiarity with data analysis (especially with Igor Pro software)
- Any experience in semiconductor industry or research
- Experience managing teams or projects
- Additional language skills, especially German or Spanish
Opportunities and Benefits
- Exciting career opportunities in a fast growing company
- Belong to our USA team with direct reporting to department head
- International and diverse environment (16+ different nationalities)
- Direct training on the majority of our portfolio
- Potential for career advancement in a fast-growing company
- Flexible working hours and possibility for some home office work
- Competitive benefits including, 401k, health insurance, personal time off, and parental leave
- Office close to the mountains in beautiful Boulder, Colorado
- Anticipated salary range: $45k-70k
We look forward to receiving your application at email@example.com