TOFWERK is making the world a cleaner place through innovative solutions for chemical analysis.
Our scientists and engineers design, manufacture, and optimize high performance mass spectrometers for new applications to support researchers and industrial customers around the world. We are headquartered in Thun, Switzerland, with regional offices in China and the United States. Our diverse team members cultivate a collaborative and creative work environment. Together we deliver the highest quality products and service to ensure our customers’ success.
As an expert in the use and maintenance of TOFWERK mass spectrometers, you will provide remote and onsite technical support to our customers in the Americas and beyond and manage instruments in our United States applications lab.
Location: TOFWERK USA (Boulder, CO)
- Provide first-level support for TOFWERK products and services, responding to inquiries received via telephone or email about software and hardware troubleshooting and best practices.
- Own customer support requests, ensuring that they are resolved in a timely manner following best practices
- Troubleshoot by analyzing, identifying, and diagnosing faults and symptoms using established procedures
- Assist in developing and improving support documentation, tools and processes
- Travel to customer sites for instrument installations or on-site support functions
- Maintain instrumentation in the US applications lab
- Act as a beta tester for software and hardware releases
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or laboratory-based science
- 2+ years of relevant technical experience running or supporting scientific apparatus. This may include work experience, internships, student research, etc
- Experience in customer support (field or remote) focused on assisting others with technical problems. Strong background in teaching or tutoring a technical subject may substitute
- Strong equipment troubleshooting skills, demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Able to operate within an interrupt-driven environment
- Availability to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally
- Able to work independently or with a team while requiring minimal supervision
- Organizational skills
- English fluency
- Covid vaccination
Please mention these in cover letter, if relevant.
- Experience with mass spectrometers
- Experience as lab assistant / applications support
- Experience in semiconductor industry or air quality monitoring
- Additional language skills, especially German or Spanish
What We Offer
- Exciting career opportunity with potential for advancement in a fast growing company
- International and diverse environment (16+ different nationalities)
- Flexible working hours and possibility for some home office work
- Competitive benefits including, 401k, health insurance, personal time off, and parental leave
- Office close to the mountains in beautiful Boulder, Colorado
- Anticipated salary range: $45k-70k
We look forward to receiving your application indicating reference number HR-317 at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tofwerk USA Inc. complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Tofwerk makes employment decisions without regard to gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marriage to a co-worker, genetic information, retaliation for engaging in protected activity or any other status that is protected by applicable law. In addition to federal law requirements, Tofwerk complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which it has employees including the Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act as well as the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.