TOFWERK is making the world a cleaner place through innovative solutions for chemical analysis.
Our scientists and engineers design, manufacture, and optimize high performance mass spectrometers for new applications to support researchers and industrial customers around the world. We are headquartered in Thun, Switzerland, with regional offices in China and the United States. Our diverse team members cultivate a collaborative and creative work environment. Together we deliver the highest quality products and service to ensure our customers’ success.
TOFWERK is seeking a Market Expert & Developer to join our new Air Quality Monitoring market team.
With an expertise in air quality monitoring and an aptitude for business development, the Market Developer will assess market needs and use cases, guide development of new analytical solutions, and engage potential customers to present our products.
They will collaborate with team members from Marketing, Applications, Research & Development, Software and Sales departments. Back-end technologies utilized will include CI-TOF, EI-TOF, GC-MS, ICP-TOF.
The Market Developer will be active in relevant communities in order to stay updated on trends and advances, and to engage potential customers and collaborators. The candidate will provide support and guidance to existing customers, and provide feedback to team members to drive strategy, R&D innovations, and hardware and software improvements. The Market Developer will contribute to the writing of regulatory standards and other technical documents.
As the company’s expert on air quality monitoring technology, they will communicate the capabilities of TOFWERK technology to prospective customers; support product demonstrations; represent TOFWERK at international scientific meetings; support the Marketing Department in the production of technical promotional material; and formally present data in conference presentations, research reports, application notes, and peer-reviewed publications.
They will be contribute to the management of this market, including the formulation of strategic goals.
Location: TOFWERK USA, Boulder, CO
- PhD or master’s degree in air measurement technology, ideally in analytical chemistry, atmospheric science or related field
- 4+ years of experience working with air quality monitoring technology
- Experience in business development
- Experience in fields: pollution analysis, air regulations, or industrial air quality control
- Ability to work independently and within the market team, finding and developing solutions and finding customer bases
- Interest in interacting with customers and prospective customers in government and industry
- Confident and effective communicator
- Established network in the air quality monitoring market
- Good understanding of air quality science, -market, and -industry
- Talent and ambitions in business development
- Willingness to travel up to 25% per year for scientific conferences, customer site visits at international locations, and periodic training in Switzerland
- Fluency in English
- Ability to visit secure US government sites
Desirable Experience and Expertise
- Knowledge of chemical analysis methods, ideally mass spectrometry.
- Experience in product management
- Additional language skills
What We Offer
- Exciting career opportunity with potential for advancement in a fast growing company
- International and diverse environment (16+ different nationalities)
- Flexible working hours and possibility for some home office work
- Competitive benefits including: 401k, health insurance, personal time off, parental leave, and paid sick leave in accordance with Colorado’s HFWA.
- Office close to the mountains in beautiful Boulder, Colorado
- Anticipated salary range: $90k-120k
We look forward to receiving your application referencing HR-204 at firstname.lastname@example.org
TOFWERK USA Inc. complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Tofwerk makes employment decisions without regard to gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marriage to a co-worker, genetic information, retaliation for engaging in protected activity or any other status that is protected by applicable law. In addition to federal law requirements, Tofwerk complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which it has employees including the Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act as well as the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.