TOFWERK is making the world a cleaner place through innovative solutions for chemical analysis.
Our scientists and engineers design, manufacture, and optimize high performance mass spectrometers for new applications to support researchers and industrial customers around the world.
We are headquartered in Thun, Switzerland, with regional offices in China and the United States. Our diverse team members cultivate a collaborative and creative work environment. Together we deliver the highest quality products and service to ensure our customers’ success.
Location: Thun, Switzerland
TOFWERK is seeking a highly motivated Market Manager to expand our reach in the growing air quality market. The Market Manager oversees the product portfolio, strategy, life cycle, marketing, sales, and support of the air quality market. They work in a strong matrix organization and collaborates with all departments, especially the customer facing departments. They work as a bridge between the market experts, market developers and the back-end technologies.
- Develop and document product strategies in collaboration with the market expert/developer, the application scientists, and the Product Managers of the respective back-end technologies
- Communicate strategic goals
- Build the market portfolio from TOFWERK back-end technologies which act as suppliers
- Work collaboratively in a matrix organization
- Manage resources from other departments effectively
- Organize market documentation, ensuring documents are current and completed according to matrix department workflows
- Prepare financial reports for the Head of Finance and/or COO
- Prepare market reports for direct supervisor
- PhD or master’s degree in science/technology, ideally mass spectrometry, analytical chemistry, or related field
- Good understanding of air quality science, -market, and -industry.
- 4+ years of experience working in industry
- Talent and ambitions in business development, finding and developing solutions and finding customer bases
- Experience in product management
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in teams and make teams work effectively
- Ability to function in a matrix organization
- Interest in interacting with customers and prospective customers in industry and academia
- Confident and effective communicator
- Willingness to travel up to 25% per year for scientific conferences, customer site visits at international locations
- Fluency in English
Desirable Experience and Expertise
- Expertise in chemical ionization MS technology
- Established networking in the air quality market
- Experience with marketing
- Additional language skills, especially German
We look forward to receiving your application referencing HR-465 at email@example.com