The fibTOF enables sensitive 3D chemical imaging with nanometer resolution
Add FIB-SIMS capabilities to commercial FIB-SEM microscopes for powerful secondary ion imaging and depth profiling
Advantages of the fibTOF
The fibTOF adds focused ion beam secondary ion mass spectrometry (FIB-SIMS) capabilities to FIB-SEM microscopes, enabling sensitive chemical imaging in three dimensions with nanometer resolution.
- 3D chemical imaging of all elements with lateral resolution <50 nm and depth profiling resolution <10 nm
- Sensitive detection of low-mass elements such as hydrogen, boron, lithium and fluorine
- Isotopic imaging for experiments to study transport, diffusion or reaction mechanisms
- Unambiguous elemental identification with high mass resolving power
- Compatible with major commercial FIB-SEM microscopes with no impact on image quality
Webinar: fibTOF -Bringing New Capabilities to FIB-SEM Research‘
The fibTOF team is a proud member of the fit4nano community. This group connects partners from academia and industry to further the development and application of Focused Ion Beam (FIB) technology.
3D Chemical Imaging
fibTOF data set showing the distribution of aluminum ions in the top layers of a vertical cavity surface emitting laser. The vertical scale has been exaggerated, and corresponds to a depth of less than 2 microns. The field of view is 10 x 10 microns. Image provided by Empa, the Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology.