The fibTOF enables sensitive 3D chemical imaging with nanometer resolution
Add FIB-SIMS capabilities to commercial FIB-SEM microscopes for powerful secondary ion imaging and depth profiling
Advantages of the fibTOF
The fibTOF adds focused ion beam secondary ion mass spectrometry (FIB-SIMS) capabilities to FIB-SEM microscopes, enabling sensitive chemical imaging in three dimensions with nanometer resolution.
- 3D chemical imaging of all elements with lateral resolution <50 nm and depth profiling resolution <10 nm
- Sensitive detection of light elements such as hydrogen, boron, lithium and fluorine
- Isotopic imaging for experiments to study transport, diffusion or reaction mechanisms
- Unambiguous elemental identification with high mass resolving power
- Compatible with major commercial FIB-SEM microscopes with no impact on image quality
3D Chemical Imaging
fibTOF data set showing the distribution of aluminum ions in the top layers of a vertical cavity surface emitting laser. The vertical scale has been exaggerated, and corresponds to a depth of less than 2 microns. The field of view is 10 x 10 microns. Image provided by Empa.