Advantages of the icpTOF
The icpTOF is an inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometer (ICP-MS) that couples the source and interface hardware of a Thermo Scientific iCAP RQ to a TOFWERK TOF mass analyzer. The iCAP RQ hardware provides versatile sample introduction, robust ICP, simple access to cones and lenses and the Q-cell technology. The TOF adds simultaneous all-element detection, linear response and mass resolving power >6000, while maintaining QMS-equivalent sensitivity. With high-speed mass spectral acquisition and simultaneous analysis of all isotopes, the icpTOF is the ideal ICP-MS detector for multi-element single particle analysis
or fast laser ablation imaging
- All the elements. All the time. The icpTOF always records complete mass spectra, so you never miss an analyte or interference signal.
- High mass resolution. The icpTOF 2R has a mass resolving power of 6000 allowing you to separate interfering ions.
- Precise isotope ratios. The icpTOF simultaneously measures all isotopes, thus eliminating the susceptibility of your measurements to source and sample fluctuations. Precision approaches statistical limits.
- High speed detection. The icpTOF records a complete mass spectrum every 12-50 µs making it the optimum detector for fast transient signals such as individual nanoparticles, fluid inclusions and laser ablation pixels.
- Maximum sensitivity. The icpTOF S2 has maximum sensitivity to increase image resolution and detect smaller particles with high SNR.