TOFWERK is making the world a cleaner place through innovative solutions for chemical analysis.
Our scientists and engineers design, manufacture, and optimize high performance mass spectrometers for new applications to support researchers and industrial customers around the world.
We are headquartered in Thun, Switzerland, with regional offices in China and the United States. Our diverse team members cultivate a collaborative and creative work environment. Together we deliver the highest quality products and service to ensure our customers’ success.
TOFWERK is seeking a research scientist to support the development of our latest time-of-flight mass spectrometers.
Tasks will include:
- Design and test hardware components of mass spectrometers
- Special focus is on ion guides and ion optics in the medium pressure region, including SLIM devices (Structures for Lossless Ion Manipulation)
- Running and characterizing prototype scientific equipment
- Basic programming (Matlab, Python, Igor, or similar)
- Use of simulation software (e.g. Simion)
- Documentation of new inventions and evaluation of their potential for patentability
- Collaboration with other departments and product managers for instrument development
- Demonstration of the capabilities of TOFWERK technology to prospective customers
- Support of application development
- 3rd-level (expert) support for Tofwerk products and services
Location: Thun, Switzerland
- Master’s degree or PhD in physics, physical chemistry or a related field
- 4+ years of experience in instrument hardware design and testing (this may include experience gained during a degree program)
- Ability to work independently and often as part of a cohesive collaborative team in the laboratory
- Confident and effective problem solver
- Fluency in English
We look forward to receiving your application at firstname.lastname@example.org