TOFWERK is making the world a cleaner place through innovative solutions for chemical analysis.
Our scientists and engineers design, manufacture, and optimize high performance mass spectrometers for new applications to support researchers and industrial customers around the world. We are headquartered in Thun, Switzerland, with regional offices in China and the United States. Our diverse team members cultivate a collaborative and creative work environment. Together we deliver the highest quality products and service to ensure our customers’ success.
As an expert in ICP-MS, you will develop applications for our advanced ICP-MS products, provide remote and onsite technical & applications support to our customers worldwide, and manage instruments in our Thun, Switzerland based applications lab.
Location: Thun, Switzerland
- Provide expert support for TOFWERK products and services, responding to inquiries received via telephone or email about software and hardware troubleshooting and best practices
- Troubleshoot instruments by analyzing, identifying, and diagnosing faults and symptoms using established procedures
- Own customer requests and complaints, ensuring that they are solved or escalated appropriately in a timely manner (following desired processes)
- Maintain content on a support knowledge base and trigger the creation of missing articles. Assist in developing and improving support documentation, tools and processes
- Act together with a team of technical support specialists to achieve best possible efficiency
- Travel to customer sites for instrument installations, demonstration measurements, or on-site support functions
- Perform product demonstrations, conduct experiments, analyze data and write reports
- Maintain instrumentation in the Switzerland demo lab
- Maintain the demo lab to be organized, clean, and compliant with EHS regulations
- Act as a beta tester for software releases on demo instruments
- Act as a beta tester for new instrumentation releases
- Master’s degree or PhD in chemistry, biology, physics, engineering or other laboratory-based science.
- 2+ years of relevant technical experience with ICP-MS
- Strong equipment troubleshooting skills, demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Availability to travel up to 25%
- Able to work independently or with a team while requiring minimal supervision
- Organizational skills
- English fluency
*please mention these in cover letter, if relevant
- Experience with TOF technology
- Experience with single particle analysis and/or laser ablation
- Experience in customer support (field or remote) focused on assisting others with technical problems.
- Experience with applications development
- Familiarity with data analysis
- Additional language skills, especially German
What We Offer
- Exciting career opportunities in a fast growing company
- International and diverse environment (20+ different nationalities)
- Direct training with focus on our ICP-MS product family
- Potential for career advancement in a fast-growing company
- Flexible working hours and possibility for some home office work
- Competitive benefits
- Office near the mountains and lake in beautiful Thun, Switzerland
We look forward to receiving your application at email@example.com