TOFWERK is making the world a cleaner place through innovative solutions for chemical analysis.
Our scientists and engineers design, manufacture, and optimize high performance mass spectrometers for new applications to support researchers and industrial customers around the world. We are headquartered in Thun, Switzerland, with regional offices in China and the United States. Our diverse team members cultivate a collaborative and creative work environment. Together we deliver the highest quality products and service to ensure our customers’ success.
TOFWERK is seeking a software developer to strengthen our team developing control and acquisition software for our time-of-flight mass spectrometers. The successful applicant will combine programming and scientific experience and knowledge with excellent communication skills to write scripts and construct web services within a modular framework capable of rapid adaptation to meet the tailored requirements of a diverse set of stakeholders. They may also assist in client development depending on their skillset.
The candidate will directly liaise with the R&D and instrument teams in rapid development of software during prototyping and feedback cycles, and to ensure that the stakeholders requirements are comprehensively documented. They will work in tandem with other software team members to integrate the services driving the instrument control functionality with the user interface applications and underlying TOFWERK libraries. Based on their knowledge of the field and use of TOFWERK technology, they will provide suggestions and feedback to the R&D Department regarding potential short- and long-term product improvements and developments.
The role may include an introductory period with the software development team based in Boulder, Colorado, USA.
Location: TOFWERK Headquarters, Thun, Switzerland
- 3+ years experience in Python software development
- Bachelor’s degree in the sciences
- Interest in collaborating with non-software R&D staff and product teams
- Independent, well-structured, and goal-oriented working style
- English language proficiency
Desirable Experience and Expertise
- Experience using Agile development principles, particularly Kanban
- Experience working as part of an international team across multiple time zones
- Basic proficiency in German
- Exciting projects in state-of-the-art mass spectrometry
- Working with a creative international team
- An open culture that encourages new ideas
- Flexible working hours
- A bright, spacious workplace in beautiful Thun, Switzerland
We look forward to receiving your application at firstname.lastname@example.org