Headquartered in Thun, Switzerland, TOFWERK aims to bring the advantages of our time-of-flight technology to new markets and applications. With team members in Switzerland, Germany, China and the United States, we offer a family of end-user research products and custom instrument designs for OEM partners and research laboratories.
TOFWERK is seeking a software engineer to work on instrument control and data handling software for our time-of-flight mass spectrometers. The successful applicant will work within our Data Acquisition (DAQ) Department in support of several instrument product teams.
The software engineer will be tasked with developing software tools that improve the user experience and increase the quality of analyses. They will work closely with members of several product teams to propose, optimize, and improve software tools. As one of the company’s expert on data acquisition software, he/she will lead demonstrations of TOFWERK technology for prospective customers and help product teams in support of existing customers. The software engineer will stay updated on trends and advances in data acquisition and programming in order to contribute to DAQ decisions at TOFWERK. He/she will work with members of the R&D Department to ensure that all new instruments at TOFWERK utilize the best available methods and technology. Based on his/her knowledge of the field and use of TOFWERK technology, the software engineer will provide suggestions and feedback to the R&D Department regarding potential short- and long-term product improvements and developments.
- C++ (incl. “modern” C++11/14/17)
- Experience in software development for instrument control (hardware)
- Strong background in scientific data handling, including analysis, statistics and spectral interpretation
- Interest in collaborating with non-software R&D staff and product teams
- Ability to support customers in a timely and patient manner
- Independent, well-structured and goal-oriented working style
- Fluency in English
Desirable Experience and Expertise
- Spectrometry, especially mass spectrometry
- Basic proficiency in German
- .NET (C#)
- Exciting projects in state-of-the-art mass spectrometry
- Working with a creative international team
- An open culture that encourages new ideas
- Flexible work times
- A bright, spacious workplace on the river in beautiful Thun
We look forward to receiving your application at email@example.com Please send all attachments in pdf format.