Headquartered in Thun, Switzerland, TOFWERK aims to bring the advantages of our time-of-flight mass spectrometry technology to new markets and applications. With team members in Switzerland, Germany, China and the United States, we offer custom instrumentation for research laboratories and OEM partners and high performance end-user instruments.
TOFWERK is seeking a software engineer to strengthen our team developing control and acquisition software for our time-of-flight mass spectrometers. The successful applicant will combine programming and scientific experience and knowledge with excellent communication skills to construct web services within a modular framework capable of rapid adaptation to meet the tailored requirements of a diverse set of stakeholders. They may also assist in client development depending on their skillset.
The successful applicant will directly liaise with the R&D and instrument teams where necessary to ensure that the stakeholder requirements are comprehensively documented and garner feedback during testing cycles. They will work in tandem with other software team members to integrate the services driving the instrument control functionality with the user interface applications and underlying TOFWERK libraries. Based on their knowledge of the field and use of TOFWERK technology, the successful applicant will provide suggestions and feedback to the R&D Department regarding potential short- and long-term product improvements and developments.
- 3+ years experience in Python software development
- Bachelor’s level education in the sciences
- Interest in collaborating with non-software R&D staff and product teams
- Independent, well-structured and goal-oriented working style
- US citizenship or permanent resident status (Boulder, Colorado location)
- Fluency in English
Desirable Experience and Expertise
- JS / ReactJS
- Experience using Agile development principles, particularly Kanban
- Experience working as part of an international team across multiple time-zones
- Basic proficiency in German (Thun, Switzerland location)
- Exciting projects in state-of-the-art mass spectrometry
- Working with a creative international team
- An open culture that encourages new ideas
- Flexible working hours
- A bright, spacious workplace in beautiful Boulder, Colorado or Thun, Switzerland
We look forward to receiving your application at email@example.com