TOFWERK is making the world a cleaner place through innovative solutions for chemical analysis.
Our scientists and engineers design, manufacture, and optimize high performance mass spectrometers for new applications to support researchers and industrial customers around the world.
We are headquartered in Thun, Switzerland, with regional offices in China and the United States. Our diverse team members cultivate a collaborative and creative work environment. Together we deliver the highest quality products and service to ensure our customers’ success.
As part of the Global Service and Support Team, you will serve as the first line of contact to our customers worldwide. This is an office based position with dedicated training in system commissioning and maintenance. As part of the team, you will report directly to the head of Global Service and Support.
- Provide first level support for the whole Tofwerk product portfolio and services. Inquiries may be received via telephone or email and concern software, hardware, applications.
- lnitiate and monitor progress of on-site interventions as well as in-house repairs if needed
- Troubleshoot by analyzing, identifying, and diagnosing faults and symptoms using established procedures
- Take ownership on customer requests and complaints, solve or escalate them appropriately (following desired processes)
- Maintains support knowledge base and triggers the creation of missing articles. Assists in developing and improving support documentation, tools and processes.
- Maintain knowledge of instruments and products by attending educational workshops
- Act together with a team of technical support specialists to achieve best possible efficiency
- Ensure interface with sales and production to organize the delivery of spart parts and accessories
- 2+ years of relevant technical experience supporting scientific apparatus
- Experience in customer support (field or remote) focused on assisting others with technical problems
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficient verbal and written English communication skills (B2 or higher) to effectively troubleshoot technical issues over the phone, through email, during remote sessions, or in person
- Demonstrated success in multitasking and responding to spontaneous and fast-changing needs
- Available to travel up to 10%
- Independent and collaborative work ethic
Desirable Experience and Expertise
- Technical experience supporting mass spectrometers
- Experience with customer applications support
We look forward to receiving your application at email@example.com